…when you’re done having kids?
(From the Ugly Baby Contest – Crying)
10. When you’re in the store and your sister says, “Isn’t that baby so cute?” You look at the baby and can honestly say no.
9. When you won’t tango with your man while you’re ovulating. 😉
8. When you see girls at church that are unkempt, and you no longer have to fight the urge to grab them and do their hair.
7. While planning future family events – you only have the current kiddos in mind and it feels right. (No more planning around pregnancies.)
6. When you give all your baby stuff to your sister and are so excited to have the extra attic room!
5. When you come to terms that the ache you feel for wanting a daughter IS the trial, not the process of raising one.
4. When you no longer linger in the girl clothes department.
3. When you see other mothers and daughters together you think of all the problems you won’t have to deal with instead of all the experiences you’ll miss out on.
2. When you find the words “Honey, it’s time I get snipped.” from your husband the most romantic words, and you fall in love with him all over again.
1. When you look at a picture of your 3 boys and feel content that your family is complete.
16 thoughts on “How You Know…”
SO true :)! Great post!
Oh thanks so much for the PIF gifts. I LOVE IT:) 🙂
Love this post! I think I’m pretty close!!!
I just got my PIF too. How did you know I NEED that binder?!? So great!!! My kids are going to love playing that game too. Thanks!!!
I’m not there yet, but thanks for the tips!!
wow good post! yeah i am not there yet. hopefully someday i will be. good for you! that is a big step. wow! WOW! all good thoughts there.
It’s taken a while for me to accept that this is my family. It’s not the one I grew up planning for or imagining.
I have always wanted 4 kids. I imagined myself with 2 boys and 2 girls. All typically developed and all with dymanic personalities but easy going and social. Obviously, that’s not what ended up happening.
After a lot of prayer and self-reflection I’ve realized that this is it. It’s not “perfect” or ideal. I would like to try once more for a girl, but I know it wouldn’t happen. One more energetic, non-sleeping, stubborn, Turk boy would push me over the edge.;)
btw: I have no idea where they get the engergetic, stubborn part – ha ha. We seem to have only 1 mold over here. You can’t say we’re not consistent.
What a great post! My sister and I were just talking about how great it feels to be done. Girls are hard their sooo emotional but fun!
This is sooo on my mind!! I have a good day with the boys and it’s, “we COULD do this again” THEN
I see a girl in the store pulling her hair out with a crying baby and hanging on to dear life to the others and I think, “We should stop now while were’re ahead!”
good post. Before I had kids, I was going to have 5. Then I had my first who was difficult, and our number turned into 4 kids. Then I had my second and had sever problems after that one. We thought maybe three. But then almost 2 years ago I had it confirmed to me that I was done. And I felt good about it. both kids are the same gender.
For sure! I have been trying to fight the feeling of wanting another one. My husband is NOT on the same page as me to say the least! he is done! I can relate to all of the top 10 reasons so I guess it should be time for me to hang the old Uterus up!!!
This was inspiring Laurie. I hope someday I am able to feel that peace that I am done and not the longing to have just another.
My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 2 and my sanity could be found somewhere in between– if I had a chance to look for it!
I have looked at babies and thought, ‘yeah, he’s cute, but you can take him back now.’ I never thought that would happen!
I LOVE this post… hilarious! And even though I know I’m no where near done, I look forward to that day when I know this is it and can focus on them now and not think towards the future. I especially look forward to not having to plan around pregnancies, babies and nursing… But I’ll try to enjoy the ride!
Love this post! My kids are now teens and last year I was longing for another child until my sister asked me to babysit my 2 yr. old nephew for a few months…after that, the longing went away! He is a VERY sweet child but I missed my “freedom” 🙂 I am definitely “done”.
Hey girl itt’s me from the salon in Utah along time ago!! I finally caved and opened up my blog to the public!:) Thanks to you and your sis! You guys look like you have so much fun in this blog world and I need to get more into it