Really quickly, I remembered another gift that I make almost every year for the Grandparents, a calendar.
There are so many ways you can do this. I make 12 layouts w/ pictures in Microsoft Publisher and print it out on card-stock with this calendar. I take it to Office Depot and have it spiral bound with a plastic front cover and black back cover.
To personalize and make the calendar more useful, I add all the families birthdays and other special days.
You could go one further and make this calendar holder. It’s seriously so easy!
- Simply get some plywood and molding, cut the molding to frame the board.
- I painted the board red first and then black. (You can use any colors)
- Sand different places around the frame with sand paper to let the red show through.
- I then sprayed it with polyurethane.
- I ordered “Turk Times” in cream vinyl lettering.
My friend makes a calendar every year for her parents using her kids artwork from school. I’ve always thought that was a great idea.
You digital scrapbookers have got it easy! Simply print out 12 of your favorites, use this calendar, and have it bound.
(The calendar is in portrait format – if you’re going to use this idea and want it in landscape format – e-mail me and I’ll fix it for you.) laurie at executive homemaker dot com (no spaces)